friends, for a season.

Sometimes friends come into your life for a season. Sometimes that season is one of the best times you've ever had, sometimes that season is one of the worst times you've ever had. 
In each and every season, God has a plan. 
I recently had to say goodbye to a friend I had known since Kindergarten. I thought we were close, but I realized that she had begun to stray from the Lord, so I confronted her about it. She responded quickly with answers like "what I'm doing isn't wrong" or "I'm fine, what I'm doing is ok". Even though I could find bible verses to prove it wasn't. I came to the conclusion after many hours of prayer, wise council, and some tears thrown in here and there - that this friend's season was over. I was very hurt by this but eventually I felt a lot freer. 
Months passed, and I thought I was past this friend season thing, so imagine my surprise when God looked down at me from heaven, and decided I wasn't. 
In Proverbs it says... “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:24‬ ‭NIV‬
That friend that sticks closer than a brother? That's Jesus. No matter how much pain I go through because some friends are only here for a season, God is my rock, my refuge, my foundation, while my friends should be a support beam.
So I guess what I'm saying is that yes, there's going to be a lot of pain in the process, but God knows what he's doing. I just need to trust, and obey. 

Dear God, 
I ask that you'll give me grace to handle my friends, whether they're here for a season, or for a lifetime. I pray that I will always be a godly example - not stirring up anything other than a desire for you within them. I pray that you'll help me to always be the best friend I could possibly be. 
In Jesus's precious name,
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for posting a comment! I LOVE reading them... But you need to keep them clean or they will not be posted ;)